View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2015, 04:42 PM

Unhappy Young dog with worrisome eating beahaviour

Hello All,

For the past 9 days, I have been trying to figure out and remedy why my 2 yr. old dog will only eat sometimes, and not from her bowl. She won't go near her food, even when was loving it the day before. It has been up and down with her eating behaviour, and I am very distressed over this.

She in not vomiting and does not have diareah, although she has been eating a bit of grass. I thought maybe she is bored of her food, and needs something different, but when I give her something else, she will only eat it either from my hand, or from the ground. She certainly shows a lot of interest in human food, just not her own.

I changed her bowl, but that did not make a difference. Yesterday, however, she was back to normal and eating with gusto from her bowl. But today, back to the lack lustre interest with her food. Maybe she isn't as hungry as she was yesterday, so she isn't eating, but there has been times when she won't eat for 1-2 days, no matter what I do...!!

Another point of concern is that she has also been running away and hiding from
her food bowl when I bring it to her. I have tried moving her bowl from her usual location to another, and this has not worked.

For the last 2 days I have been staying with her while she checks out her food and eats it, and this is kind of working. I just want her to get the nutrition she needs.

Any ideas??