View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
The problem I have with that is it is a potentially unneccessary medication. There are a few different bp meds that are commonly used in cats but the blood pressure should be monitored during use otherwise how does the vet know if they have the correct dose or when they need to increase the dose?
I'll be asking to have her BP done tomorrow and as it is she has a bald spot on her back leg already I presume it would not matter that she is anaesthetized for it?

Quote:
vets won't check a cats bp because they feel the cat's bp is not going to read accurately in clinic due to stress but that likely would only affect it by about 20 pts.
This is what my vet said, and that it stressed the cat out and that it's hard to keep the cat still.

Quote:
Senior Wellness panel should have at least 25 entries under Blood Chemistry (phos, calcium, ALT, Alk Phos, BUN, Crea, Glucose, Albumin, globulin, sodium, CPK etc) plus a Complete Blood Count (WBC, RBC, Hgb, PCV, HCT, MCV, plasma count etc) tested and the Urinalysis.

Mine has 15 ( Sodium, Pot., NA:K Ratio, Chloride, Calcium, Urea., Creat., Glucose, Alk. Phos., ALT (GPT), T. Pro., Albumin, Globulin, A;G Ratio and T4 baseline.) The Urine test was just, Ph, Prot., and USG.

Supposedly they have a blood test specific for CRF so I guess we'll be going for that.

Quote:
"chicken water" won't add bacteria - it's cooked & you probably don't need very much. You could always try a small amount a tablespoon or two in a regular bowl of water see if they like it before adding it to all the bowls.
A good idea, I'll put some in a bowl for her and put it by her sleeping spot.

Quote:
Tuna is very addicitive for cats sometimes to the point where they refuse to eat anything else.
Thought it was too good to be true

I only use it as an additive. I also found she like chicken and broth baby food. Also use it as an additive, for those fussy days, I put a small amount on top of the wet cat food

Quote:
could feed Tus her regular meals in a separate room, and the others a small treat instead of full meals like Tus.
I'll try this and/or feed the fat cats less.

Quote:
in your reply box with a full post quoted you can copy the code that starts the quote looks like this [QUO to the end of the numbers be sure to include the end bracket ], then paste that infront of the line you want and at the end of the line type
you can then separate one post into several quotes and type a response in between, this way you can also remove extra wording.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Thank you for this, now I don't feel like a . Of course I had to do it twice, I'll consider it practice

So tomorrow is the big day for Tus, I think I have all my notes.. I need to have her HCT and HGB checked to see if she is anemic. She also has high ALT which could indicate liver damage or issues with her bile duct. Her potassium is very low, so I'll need some supplements for that, (any suggestion).

The rest of the post is below, now you have it all

I'm just gonna post this without checking it, that's how I lost the last one, so I apologies for any mistakes.