View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2012, 08:24 AM

Aggresion In my Great Pyrenese! Please HELP!

Hi everyone! I have a 1 yr old Great Pyrenese, neutered male. He is almost the most wonderful creature I have ever met. He is loving and affectionate and for a 150lb dog he is really quite a suck! We have had some issues with his aggresion towards strangers and Im at my wits end with what to do.!! Everytime someone comes to our house he immediatly starts jumping up at them and trying to bite. I have done some reasearch and "they" say this is not normal for a properly socialized GP. But we rescued him from the big city and he was never aggresive in his old home...(So they say) It's gotten to the point that I'm scared to let my kids out of the truck when we come home because he hasn't seen us in a while. My Mom and Aunt came to visit and even after they had been in the house for hours he wouldn't let them back in if they went out. My father in law eventually had to lock him up. Unfortanatly I wasn't home for the event or I would have properly introduced them to my fella. Now they won't come back because he is to "scary" Any tips how to train this out of him??