View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jull View Post
I don't put much onion just a little slice and sometimes nothing, the important one if the garlic (for gas), other than that they do not have any kind of contact with onions. Garlic though, is good for both people and dogs... there is a lot of contradicting information on it and I guess is a personal choice I don't grab garlic and give it to them but they do get some foods once in a while that have been cooked with a little garlic, I am not saying I know it all but I have never had a problem with it http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com...n-or-medicine/

When I was growing up we had a dog (cocker spaniel) who only ate food cooked by mom, nothing else (even if you had a big juicy steak in your hand, if it was not cooked by mom she wouldn't take it), and that meant the food was made with anything and everything we eat, and she had a long life, and even though the last few years of her life she had what we think was cancer in the uterus, she never ever looked sick, I think she lived 16 years or so...

My mexican restaurant here is my Mom's house
I agree there is a lot contradicting information about garlic being good or bad for dogs. I eat a lot of garlic . I when to visit some friends in Maine with my daughter and we where all outside and the blackfiles where going after everyone but me. It keep more than vampires away!