View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
Like lindapalm says, you don't give cyproheptadine with food.
The pharmacist told me to give it with food, not the vet on this one, so maybe you don't have to have food with cats, just people?

Quote:
What was the other antihistamine that you were given?
Amitriptyline was the other one. It worked well with my boy who was licking all the fur off his belly. Gave it to him for 2 days, he basically slept those 2 days. Gave time for his belly to heal.

Quote:
far as I know, cyproheptadine is the only one used as an appetite stimulant for cats. I'm seriously losing confidence in your vet.
I just looked up the spec's of the drug and came across the fact that it helps with anxiety, hence it worked with Tigger, my boy. Maybe we gave it to TUs to calm her as she was agitated in the morning. I really thought I was looking for appetite stimulant, hence the feeding tube thread.

Well Tus is going for the feeding tube this afternoon, I insisted. I think you're right when we weighted Tus yesterday and she had lost a pound in a week, I think the vet should have said to put the tube in then, but I guess we're both waiting on test results. But kinda stupid to die waiting for test results.