View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2010, 10:46 PM

Anyone else ever used Hibitane?

Hi all-

I'm curious, has anyone else ever used the product "Hibitane"? It's a veterinary product, an anti bacterial/anti fungal ointment. It's used as an aid in the treatment of fungal infections, eczema, abcesses, foot rot, inflamed anal glands and fissures, chapped teats, skin infections and wounds, and after minor surgery in dogs, cats and horses. Comes in a 150 g tube.

I ask because I noticed a few days ago that Brynn had developed a rash/sore on her neck where her collar rests (she must be sensitive to the nylon/plastic in the collar or something?) and my friend recommended I try some of this Hibitane. She purchases it at the vet clinic for about $25 a tube. I've been using it since last night and its working great!! Her sore has healed a fair bit and I imagine after a few more days it will be almost gone!

"Many of the Earth's habitats, animals, plants, insects, and even micro-organisms that we know as rare may not be known at all by future generations. We have the capability, and the responsibility. We must act before it is too late." - Dalai Lama