View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2007, 01:41 AM

Evanger's Response

I thought I would email Evanger's and ask them if they planned to remove Menadione Bisulfate from their dry dog food. Here's their response (oh, I also asked them about producing larger bags of their dry food - hence the '40#'. I also clipped the comments concerning Menadione Bisulfate from this discussion thread and put them in the email - no posters were ID'd in the email):

My name is Joel Sher. I am Vice President of Evanger's. I have received your email of January 14, 2007.

The people in the chat room who made the statements regarding our dry food are incorrect. When fresh meat is used in dry dog food, the rate of inclusion is at a greatly increased rate. Therefore, the meat ingredient will remain as the #1 ingredient. This type of formula, (fresh meat) is preferred because we do not have to use preservatives as with meat meals.

At the present time, we do not have any plans to make a 40# retail package. However, we do offer a plain white 50# breeder's bag of our Chicken & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food. There are minimum quantities that must be ordered.

Menadione Bisulfate is indeed controversial. I have done some research in this area. At the present time, there is no conclusive proof that this substance is harmful. Vitamin K is essential for blood clotting. People as well as animals MUST derive it from some other source if it is removed from the formula. It would probably have to be added as a supplement.

I hope that this response adequately addresses your inquiries. We appreciate your concerns.

---------------------
They sent me another follow up that stated:

In my previous reply, I forgot to mention that we also have a 40# breeder's bag of our Pheasant & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food. As with the 50# bag of our Chicken & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food, minimum order quantities apply.

------------------------

Any comments?

I added a pic of one of my rescues to this post. Meet Jones - a lab-dane mix - 4 yrs - 120 lbs....a big boy who thinks he is a toy poodle (chuckle).
-------
Dang - pic didn't upload so I edited the msg to insert it. Still working on figuring out how this site works (sigh and sorry)
Attached Images

Last edited by Ginnys; January 16th, 2007 at 01:49 AM.