View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2008, 03:07 PM

WOW thank you all for your responses... i'll try to answer questions!

1. How did i start crate training-

I eased him into it and he never minded it... he uses it as his safe haven and he hides bones and his toys under the bed so the other dog (beagle mix) doesn't get them its very cute

2. How long is he in there-

He is in there after exercise and when my boyfriend and I are not at the apartment. He is also in there if we are watching a movie or something and can't watch him wander around the house to eat everything he finds on the floor!

Currently, though, he is in there more... I had him neutered on Thursday and he isn't supposed to be active so he doesn't tear his stitches. I have to put him in there whenever he gets rowdy with the beagle cause I don't want him to hurt himself. I'm sure this has something to do with the whining but I also know he is taking advantage of the fact that I feel sorry for him right now.

3. Out of the crate behavior-

He is not really destructive in the house, but being a bassett hound, he will eat anything and everything he sees and he is SO curious that I have to have my eye on him at all times when he is out. This little cutie is SUCH a handful.

I attempted to attach a photo of him and Hugo, the beagle mix awesome dog Attachment 45648
Attached Images