View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2008, 08:15 AM

Oh! I don't know if I could bear to give up my pleco. I love him so much and he's been with me so long...although at the rate he's growing I know, realistically, that I can't really hang onto him for too much longer. He's quite solid.

The silver dollars I really don't give much of a crap about. I only got them because I had this new BIG tank and wanted some BIG things to put in it. That's why I got the abramites too. The abramites is so cool - I now have to drop in two algae wafers - one for the pleco and one for the Abramites. When I drop it in, the A. swims right for it, grabs it in his mouth and takes off, trying to get it to his corner before he drops it, then eats the WHOLE THING while looking around at everyone else. It reminds me of a dog who takes your sandwich right off your plate and eats it someplace where he doesn't think anyone will find him and shifts his eyes around gultily.

That said, I don't think I could get rid of my A. even though he's preventing me from getting some really cool little guys. I LOVE red phantom tetras, but the fish guy tells me he'd probably just eat them.

I wonder if the fish store that takes too-large plecos will also take my silver dollars...?