View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2005, 12:16 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

This is just bugging me!

My apologies in advance and I'm not trying to stir up the pot, but I find these two quotes somewhat conflicting. Maybe someone can clarify them for me??

Quote:
we bred her because we allready have homes for the majority of the puppies. people saw or dog and wanted to know if we were going to breed her so we did. and now the puppies will have very good homes.
Quote:
as for mating her so young it was an accident. we didnt realize that she could get our bedroom door open and we left for a little while when we came home patches and king were locked together. we could not stop it. plus the vet told us she would be okay because she is very healthy and very intelligent. She is very well behaved if she trusts you. and all our pits are wonderful dogs and would not hurt a soul unless told to.
My understanding is she was bred because people wanted her puppies, but yet it was an accident??

Quote:
plus the vet told us she would be okay because she is very healthy and very intelligent.
What does intelligence have to do with having puppies?

Quote:
all our pits are wonderful dogs and would not hurt a soul unless told to
Pits are not by nature, guard dogs. They love company of humans. No doubt that if their master was in danger, they would intervene. I don't understand why people would train them to attack? When people live in bad neighbourhoods and own these dogs, if the dogs do attack it is the dog that suffers the consequences! If you love your dogs, why put them in a situation like that?

I read this person wants to do rescue work and that is absolutely fantastic! But it is my belief that people in rescues don't breed their dogs - ever!

I don't know, maybe I am blowing this way out of proportion??