Thread: Training
View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Lab Loverr

Well the two of them have something in common other than their breed than... Lol We havent come to find anything to fix the "stealing game" is what we call it... Our pup steals anything he can get (somehow he knows he isnt allowed to have it, and if he is allowed to have it then surely he doesnt want it.) Though its strange he doesnt really pick up anything outdoors other than sticks which he is allowed to have when he sees garbage and other stuff he doesnt bother with it, but in the house it is a whole other story. My sister has a rottie and she taught him to "leave it" i dont know how she did it ill have to ask her.. but what she does is, she puts two treats on her dogs paws and says leave it and he will just sit there till she says okay, so im guessing her trick must come in handy for "leave it " on other objects... ill have to ask her how she came to teach him it, he is only about a year and a half now. will let you know once i find out, maybe that will be a key to fixing our problem.
Attached Images

Soon to be proud mum of Gilgamesh. (Olde English Bulldogge)

*Lab Lover [COLOR=red]<3[/COLOR]