View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
The OP wasn't responsible for feeding the dog that stuff, it was the previous owners.
Thank You

If you'd read the thread at all Merlin You would have noticed that I just adopted this dog a week ago. I sure hope you don't greet other raw feeding newcomers in the same manner, as it offended me and I didn't even feed her any iams I have been feeding my dogs on raw food for years before this, even the idea of a "premium kibble" has me disgusted. I've held out with the food much much much longer than your average dog owner would... If she didn't eat something i'd pick it up and try again in the evening. She ate so little for the first week she was here she started getting shaky in the legs, very low energy, and completely depressed (signs of hypoglycemia) and was losing weight FAST which had me concerned. Its not healthy to lose weight that fast, the only thing i could force into her gullet was straight protein and that's tough on kidney's that have been ravaged by iams for years.

In fact I had thrown the Iams they gave me when I adopted her in the Garbage first thing. However I'm glad I kept the cans of kibbles n' bits. There is some kind of smoky artificial flavor smell that she just ****ing goes nuts for... Would barely touch raw food before. You seem to be right about smell being first on their list though. A dab' l' do ya of the kibbles n' bits gravy, which REEKS to high heavens. I hope I can wean her off that completely , stinks up my fridge For now though, I'm just glad she's getting some real food.

She ate another sizeable meal of raw salmon and oats this morning with only a drizzle of the kibbles n' bits gravy. I also tossed some homemade lamb stock thick with lamb grease... Time to order some tripe and organ meat as soon as I get paid She didn't lick her bowl clean this time but I' still concider it a success, considering I used a lot less of the K n' B than yesterday, and the meal was sizeable.

I wish I had another dog here to show her how its really done :lol: My newfoundland would much down a whole frozen chicken no sweat. Shucks he loved his veggies and oats more that the meat it seemed like. Start 'em off young and they love it.

Last edited by GateKeeper; June 15th, 2010 at 09:25 PM.