View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Mostly I'm just glancing at this thread as I browse other threads, but I'll come back and read it thoroughly to see if there's anything I need to respond to.

As for her running up to you and running away, that's absolutely normal. She doesn't have any other kittens to play with so she wants you to play with her. They do that with each other when they want the other kitten to chase them and play.

Kittens can be quite rambunctious. Biting and kicking and running around like crazy is completely normal. It means she's feeling good. You should be worried if she's NOT running around like crazy and she's just being really calm all the time (some kittens are calm, but not most). Kittens really like to chase around little balls, especially ones with the bells in them, so you might want to try some of those to keep her occupied. They also LOVE to climb to stuff, so a cat tree (even one you build yourself, they're not picky as long as they can climb it ) would be a good idea. Cats LOVE to perch up high. Mine sit on my shelves constantly.

They also really like to play with dangly stuff, so you can tie a string to a stick and she'll play with it. They sell specific items like this, so I'm cheap and my cats don't notice the difference, so I don't buy them lol.

Another thing they LOVE, is cardboard boxes. If you throw a bunch of empty cardboard boxes in there with her she'll run in and out of them and play. You can also tape several together and put holes for her to go in and out of, like tunnels.