View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2012, 05:14 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Kasiani, I know what you mean by saying you had hoped for an infection, to explain the symptoms. I've been there myself on many occasions. She had a shot of Convenia, didn't she? If so, I know it stays in the systems for more than 2 months. I don't know how long it would take to be out enough to be able to see infection or grow a culture, but you may want to ask your vet. Nookies last test showed no infection either, just Struvite crystals, but he still acts like he has an infection and it was only a little over 24 hours after the antibiotic. If your vet did do a Urinalysis and C&S too soon, I would expect him to foot the bill for another... they aren't cheap. Have you had a xray to look for stones?

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012