View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2006, 09:09 PM

Crate training is getting ALOT better with Valentine :)

Well just wanted to give an update on Valentine. She is doing very very well. Shes had a couple accidents the past few weeks but its because my hubby wasnt watching her. But that was his fault not hers. Also too, i think we've got her peein in her box under control. We did have her in the kitchen at night in her crate, so i moved her into our bedroom right beside my bed and we set the alarm clock for every 4 hours to let her out at night. We have the alarm set for 3am and again at 7am. And we have her on a schedule for those hours to be let out and its been working excellent. So far no accidents in her crate. YIPPIE!! I think alot of it was, when i went to bed at night hubby wasnt letting her out to potty for the hours that he was up all night on the computer and she had to pee somewhere, cause he wasnt letting her out. So now i MAKE hubby take her out when the alarm goes off cause he is usually up at or around 3, and he has to get up for work at 7 so he lets her back out when he gets up for work at 7. Im really really proud of her. Although, she still has the "occasional" accidents in the house cause sometimes we forget that shes outta her box and give her a little too much freedom and she pees in the house. But all in all shes doing very very good. She is doing really good with command training. She knows how to sit, shake, lay down, and put her head down, and she can sit pretty. Im right now trying to teach her to walk with me on the leash but she tries to take off without me and jerks me around, and i dont know how to teach her not to do that. How do i work with her to walk with me and not talk off and jerk me around????