View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2008, 11:20 AM
Swift Tribe

hmm.... trying to think back.... Mister wasnt crazy abotu the crate for the first week or so but a few of the things we did to lessen the confinement are as follows-

as a pup he was always sleepy so when he would lay down on the floor somewhere, i would call him with square of cheese and toss it in his kennel and tell him to go to bed. he would whine for a moment after eating the cheese and then go to sleep. later when he woke up i would let him out, we would ring the bell, go outside, go potty then come in and play for a while. im a SAHM so it was simple for us to do this but perhaps you can modify to suit your needs?? now he naps in it when he isnt napping in with us or Jeffrey annoys him.

we also couldnt keep a blanket in there. november he will be 2yo and we *just* added a blanket a few months ago. chew toys like 2 different kinds of kongs, leg bones and this bouncy ball looking thing stay in there and at random times through out the day he will find them in his kennel with peanutbutter or a tiny smear of honey so this really built his interested in entering on his own. i had to get crafty to sneak it in so he wouldnt see it though.

-ash

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)