View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2008, 12:44 PM
proud to be a cat slave

Any idea on how to find a stray's kittens?

I have a bit of a dilemma..

Last week, at around 12 AM, I got home to find a little tabby hanging outside my door. She looked no older than a year, and she was VERY pregnant.. Her sides were bulging out insanely. She's really friendly, and let me feel her sides. It didn't feel like the kittens were moving in there - I'm not sure what that means, if anything..

Anyway, my fiance and I set up a cabinet by our front door with a blanket in it, and gave her some wet food in there, hoping that she would have her kittens in there.

That was the last we saw of her until a week later - and she is no longer pregnant! Her belly is hanging and her nipples are enlarged. She came by our place again, so we tried to see if she would lead us to her kittens - but it didn't happen. We gave her some more food because we wanted her to be strong for her babies, but we don't even know if they are alive..

Anyone have any ideas on how to find them? We've searched any dark and secluded place nearby, including in bushes, but nothing. My cat Tiger had kittens years ago, so I can't remember, but does it seem likely that the mother cat would leave her kittens for hours at a time?

(P.S. I've tentatively named her Ethel. FH wanted to name her Squishy, but he wants to name every cat Squishy right now - it's a faze he's going through )

Jake - grey DSH (Aug '98) Alley - spazzy grey tabby (Aug '07)

Last edited by phoozles; April 28th, 2008 at 02:04 PM.