View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
We appreciate the update, Rgeurts. I think of your guys often. You may get the results by Monday and I'll keep my that it will show something that's easily treatable. You guys deserve a break
Thank you LP!! We're praying that something shows on the panel so we can get him started on meds and maybe get some of the symptoms under control

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Thanks for the update,Rgeurts! I was just wondering how things were going!

Setters are prone to immune-mediated hypothyroidism, too. I hope that's all it is and treating it takes care of his new symptoms. We have three currently on thyroid replacement and the treatment seems easy and effective.

Give your boys a couple of hugs from hazel, k?
Thank you Hazel! We certainly hope it's something as easy to treat as that. And wow... 3? That's almost half your pack! Did you find any side effects and/or changes in mood once you started the meds? Did any of yours have hair loss due to the condition?

Hugs given, and they thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Robyn,I think Nookie came to you,because"someone"knew,you would never give up on him.
I am not religious,but sometimes,I wonder..

I justyou will get a correct diagnosis and that it can be easily treated
Thank you very much, chico! I'm not "religious", per say... but I do believe in God/Jesus, I believe in the power of prayer and I know without the prayers we have said and have had sent our way, our monster would not be with us. He really is a miracle

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012