View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2008, 02:01 PM
proud to be a cat slave

Thanks guys..

I'm not sure if she belongs to anyone, but I doubt it.. I live by a bunch of farms, so there are quite a few cats that run around my house. I have no idea if they are 'barn cats', just strays, or they belong to someone. I do know that if someone owns Ethel, I'll be pissed that they let her roam around so soon after having her babies!

I live next door to a frozen meat place, so you can imagine there are quite a few cats around. When we followed her, I noticed that she went behind the meat store, and there were ceramic plates in certain areas, so I guess they are feeding the cats too. I don't know if she belongs to them per say, but she definitely knew where the plates were - she went to each one, but they were all empty.

We figured that the kittens wouldn't be too far from our place, but as I said, we looked in every nook and cranny and couldn't see/hear them. We watched her after she ate, and she seemed to go in the direction of the meat place, but then she came back to us and hung around some more.

I even tried asking her, "Where are your babies?" She responded with "Meow". I don't know what that means.

I'll take your advice - keep feeding her and hope that she leads us to them. I just want them to be in good shape and nice and healthy! Plus it would be nice to get her spayed - she's almost a baby herself!

Jake - grey DSH (Aug '98) Alley - spazzy grey tabby (Aug '07)