View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duttypaws View Post
because wet food costs a fortune... and she turns her nose upto it..
Ya, I hear ya, but you may end up paying more in vet bills as a consequence. Good nutrition is the cornerstone of good health, and dry food is not good nutrition for cats.

I have lots of tips for transitioning cats to wet food - had to use most of them myself to get my kibble-addict switched over, and it wasn't an overnight process. May take lots of patience and time, but it's worth it! Here's a link for you to check out: http://www.catinfo.org/#Transitionin...o_Canned_Food_

Quote:
thing is they hardly eat i have a measuring cup from the vet and they only get a 1/4 each and eat a few mouthfulls.
Yup, been there. I had a cat that was clinically obese at 18lbs, despite being on less than the vet recommended amount of Hill's Science Diet Light. See, that's the problem with dry food: it's full of carbs and cats convert these unnecessary carbs to fat. Phoozles will be able to tell you all about her cat Jake finally losing weight after switching him to only wet food.

Quote:
ok i can see hills and may just go with that when home...
Hill's is some of the worst food out there, sorry to say.

Quote:
or Applaws which is natural cat food :| so im looking for the recipe on their pouches.
The Applaws isn't a complete and balanced food as it's not supplemented with the appropriate vitamins/minerals. It would make a great treat though!

What about Eagle Pack? I noticed that one on the above website, and you can also get that here. It's has good quality ingredients (again, preferably canned).

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler