View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

It didn't say how long the symptoms lasted, just days and happened 2-4 days after each HG dose. It could have totally been a coincidence, but just seems odd because what happened to Nookie was almost identical to the dobie. As for Nookie, it could be the HG, or it could be he ate something he shouldn't have (again)... or worm load. Who knows
Though the guy on the dobie forum didn't say it was specifically the Ivermectin, just the HG in general. I'm just assuming because some dogs have a real intolerence for it and a lot of people on other forums have had some real issues with HG and HG Plus, and the fact that Nookie has reactions to SO many things. It could have been one of the other ingredients, or again, just coincidence. From what I've read, most vets now use Interceptor instead. I know Dr. Stelfox doesn't use HG at her clinic so she couldn't really say whether it was or wasn't a reaction. She said she would have to research it then let me know. But that was before she felt his tummy. She's still pretty sure he has at least a partial blockage again.

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012