View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2008, 05:02 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Well last night was the nail in the coffin for Wellness, gave them a can of Chicken and Turkey I think and most of it was still in their dishes this morning

I think I said before that I feed GO kibble, like Orijen it is made in Canada at a small facility and not farmed out to a Pet Food Manufacturer. I think that they are more accountable for their product, I know Rainbow has always received answers from Champion Pet Foods when she has contacted them regarding Orijen Products, I think Petcurean have the same philosphy

GO do make canned foods, I don't know if they make them or farm them out. From what I understand there are few canning facilities in Canada. My Cats love GO, but it can be a bit pricey.

I'm not knocking US Pet Food at all, maybe finding a Company that manufactures their own food rather than farming it out is the way to go

Chris - I saw the GO canned food at Ruffin's today when I was in there. I think it is 1.27 for a small can? That would be comparable to what I am paying now for Wellness for a big can. It costs $2.59 at Ruffins. But I guess two small cans of GO isn't as much food wise as one large can.
I am taking a ride to Stoney Creek on the weekend to check out the Ryan's there to see what they have. I need to find something these guys will eat that doesn't make their BM's smell. I will check out the GO dry though.

I am spending around $100 a week on food. Would be nice to cut down on that a little too.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!