Thread: Horizon Legacy
View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycats View Post
It's also based on this
Beet pulp is controversial filler. It is a by-product, being dried residue from sugar beets which has been cleaned and extracted in the process of manufacturing sugar. It is a controversial ingredient in dog food, claimed by some manufacturers to be a good source of fibre, and derided by others as an ingredient added to slow down the transition of rancid animal fats and causing stress to kidney and liver in the process. We note that beet pulp is an ingredient that commonly causes problems for dogs, including allergies and ear infections, and prefer not to see it used in dog food. There are less controversial products around if additional fibre is required.

Also

We note the use of synthetic vitamin K, a substance linked to liver problems and that is progressively being removed from better quality products.

But to each his own, we all have our reasons for choosing the foods we do!
For sure happycats, to each their own...but I think alot of people go crazy with worry about things that are claimed to be "contraversal", espeically if it's not proven and just thought to be.."Claimed by some manufacturuers and derided by others".know what I mean?..Some food have garlic and onions...both of which are "contraversal"...chicken is also "known" to cause allergies and ear infections...yet its the staple in alot of food.

http://www.peteducation.com/article....articleid=2705

This is just what I mean, check out different sites and you will find different opinions on things like beet pulp. This site shows pros and cons...thats all...

Does it matter if they remove the sugar??

They also no longer put Vit. K in it, so this is old info...I asked about that months ago and they removed it a long time ago, I recieved info from Horizon directly...thier new formula and packaging doesn't have Vit K on it.

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!

If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)

Last edited by Ford Girl; September 10th, 2008 at 01:24 PM.