View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollywog View Post
After much thought and discussion with family, friends, and fellow dog lovers (including some ouf YOU!), I have made the difficult decision that Sassy is not the match for us. :sad:
I thought it over a lot and something just didn't feel right about adopting her. She is a sweet dog who will make an excellent pet for someone, but just not for us right now.

This has been a real learning experience for us, and I have learned some valuable lessons:
1. it is going to take a very special dog to fit in with our family: likely a submissive, lower energy male. And we will have to meet this dog beforehand and spend lots of time with it before deciding!
2. I LOVE Molly and am so grateful everyday to have her in my life!! She may not be perfect but she has come a long ways, so I am proud of that!

Thanks everyone for your words of advice and encouragement. And sorry this wasn't happy adopting news, but in the end I had to make the decision that was best for us.
Aw, that must have been a tough decision . I think it's great that you are taking this situation so seriously. I'll keep my and send out that Sassy gets adopted to the perfect family soon.

for you too, and you'll still keep us updated on this journey for a second dog right ?

Noel- 4 year old black and white cat
Felix- 6 year old black cat
Maggie-3 year old Newfoundland Dog
Sparkie- Puppy Shih zu