View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:35 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
L4H - You said you had deer chow down on cedars last year? I guess that's because the winter was such a tough one. They need food from somewhere. It's so sad. :sad:

Our local parks all have arbor vitae that are trimmed up to about 4 feet from the ground. We thought it was deer, too...then we got setters. In no time, puppy Cole and puppy Ember had our arbor vitae trimmed up to about 4 feet from the ground. Now we're trying to figure out how the parks developed such a heavy infestation of setters!

Hazel - That list I gave you is for Manitoba so it should be great for your area. Manitoba is Zone 3/4 according to one map I just looked at.
Even better! I'm already making my plans for the nursery run. We have a large area of the front yard that we're letting grow wild. I want to add some flowers here and there...but of course, the deer have free access to the area. All the deer...frequently! So I'm gonna need as much help as I can get.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."