View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanimos View Post
I really hope that it does not have to come to the removal of all her teeth. Can she still eat dry food if she has no teeth?
I hope it doesn't either, but if nothing else works, it's better than the alternative. I also think your vet has to start being more aggressive about this. The antibiotics alone are obviously not working. As for eating dry food, it's actually better for ALL cats, teeth or no teeth, to be eating wet food instead. http://www.catinfo.org/

Quote:
Has anyone heard of treating cats with coenzyme Q10, i heard that it is useful for treating gum disease?
Yup, there's some thought that it can help with mild gum issues, but it's not going to be effective enough for the severity of your situation I'm afraid. I currently give my cat 30mg of CoQ10 daily for cardiomyopathy, and he still has some redness in his gums, so I wouldn't pin your hopes on it as a cure.

Quote:
Thanks again for all your support, I am really feeling helpless thru this situation! I am counting down the minutes until the vets tomorrow morning!
Good luck! I hope they come up with a better treatment plan. Let us know what happens.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler