View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2010, 09:00 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Gorgeous plant, chico, and it obviously is lovin' this summer Look at all those blooms!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
They do really love the Butterfly-Bush,I think I would like some Milk-Weed too,how can I get some???
Do the nurseries sell them??
Native plant nurseries usually offer them as bare roots ready for planting. Choose your spot wisely, though--common milkweed is lovely and the monarchs use it, but it sends out rhizomes each year and sprouts up in the lawn and the rest of the garden. I used to just nip the sprouts off when they were a couple inches tall if I noticed them in the neighbors yard (which I did often ... whoopsie ) Not all milkweeds are that invasive--I have whorled milkweed that seems less robust, and butterfly weed which is the orange milkweed that grows wild out here--both bought from a native plant nursery. The common milkweed that grows in my hummingbird garden, though, is a volunteer.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."