View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2009, 07:21 PM

Cocker Spaniel yeast infection HELP!

Hi,
My cocker is 5 years old. He has a terrible skin infection. It started with yeast infection in his ears about a year ago in august. It reoccured. He was treated with 200mg of Amoxicillin.
It became worse 4 months ago.
I have been treating him with enzymes from Nzymes.com. They tell me that enzymes will heal him but he keeps getting worse. The dietary supplements are Tincture of black-leaf (black walnut and olive leaf), Antioxidant Granules (daily antioxidant food supplement) and BAC-PAK Plus (Direct fed microbials and digestive enzymes. I've been using Micro TEK EQyss shampoo and Universal Medicated shampoo 2 times a week. Been spraying him with OX-E-DROPS which is antifungal, bacterial, and viral, daily.
His symptoms are goopy eyes (treated with OX-E-DROPS), ears are yeasty (treated them with K-9 liquid health ear solutions), Thin fur, scales reappear constantly, Legs and arms are especially crusted, stomach is red and hot with no fur and is distended, he breathes heavily and his body shakes when he is hot, armpits are clumpy and yeasty underneath and he smells terrible.

He was eating twice a day since a week ago. Now he eats half the amount, 2 cups a day of Nutrisource Adult Chicken and Rice formula high quality dog food with the enzymes and a spoonful of yogurt. He goes out and poops and pees. He doesn't like to get up and move much. We just found out from our vet that he has Lymphocytic Thyroiditis and he needs to begin Thyroid supplementation.

What can I do? I'm worried and at wit's end. I don't want to lose my baby.

Thank you,
Chris