Thread: dental problem
View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2012, 06:45 PM

she doesn't really "need" too loose it. the vet say's she would be better off if she did. she doesn't have a belly, and and still has an hourglass look when looking down on her. he waist is still smaller than her shoulders and hips. and her ribs are visible.

a lot of it also has to do with her getting older. she's 7 now, and for a dog her size that puts her at abut 50-55 in our years. when she was younger and in the 115-120 range we were mostly told not to let her get any bigger. and the vet was fine with her weight. though she did tell us we save the money on that extra heart worm pill if we got her wight down. again, it more a matter off making things easier on her joints as she gets older. she's not obese, she is still very active, and I still cant catch her when she runs around the back yard with one of the kids stuffed animals or shoes.

again, she's a huge dog, biggest dobie I've ever seen. I didn't actually get her for that reason. the breeder had told me that since I had been the first to contact him about puppies that I could have the pick of the litter. My wife and I wanted a red female, and she was the only one. the breeder kept telling us that he couldn't get over how big she was, but we figured he was just exaggerating. we actually got kind of lucky with her, cause after we drove to Tennessee to get her, he told me that he was so impressed with her that he almost kept her for breeding. if he had needed one he wouldn't have sold her.

Last edited by stevenf; January 17th, 2012 at 07:28 PM.