View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2010, 08:16 PM
You can call me DOG!

Oohhh, I'm so FLIPPING mad.

This was published in today's local paper;

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/Art...aspx?e=2614590

I just sent the CAO of the city of St. Catharines, the below e-mail and Bcc'd the Review;

Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 9:05 PM
To: cbriggs@stcatharines.ca
Subject: The Gift

Mr. Briggs:

I would normally say “Good evening” in my opening salutation however in this instance, I am deeply appalled with what I read in today’s Niagara Falls Review. The article was concerning the $225,000.00 bequeath left by the late Barbara Hallet to the City of St. Catharines specifically for the Happy Rolph Zoo which dated back to February, 2004.

Your statement of “people would have looked at me from like I was from the moon if I’d said I want to spend $50,000.00 to 100,000.00 on a security system when we’d never had an issue there” is absolutely preposterous. One would believe that this was not a matter of the city of St. Catharines spending the tax payer's money but a matter of the city depriving Ms. Hallet of her last wishes--her Will and Testament.

Further to this, "your beefing up security wasn’t on the radar screen previously because no one had ever broken into the park"-- adds insult to injury. Do you THINK that had the security system been in place, there would have been no incidents or with this recent break in, the culprits would have been caught already with surveillance equipment in place?

With your comments, one would believe that you are not an animal lover. I truly believe that with my outrage, anger and disgust in your decisions and comments, I probably am speaking on behalf of those of us who are.

Perhaps the citizens of St. Catharines should “withhold” paying their taxes in hopes that next year’s or the year after or after, etc., taxes will be lower to allow them to gather substantial interest amounts as well.

Truly disgusted,

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)