View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:25 AM

Dog with mastitis needs help (Ontario)...

I am working on the rescue of a lab mix (possibly with pit bull but I haven't seen her). Her name is Lucy and she is 2 years old. She had puppies about a month and a half ago but all have since been given away. Unfortunately it left her with a horrible case of mastitis, where one of her breasts have already exploded. I heard about her through a friend of a friend and she talked the owner (I have other words for him, believe me) into giving the dog to her so she could give it to me/QHS. His original plan was to shoot her.
The poor girl was dropped at her house this morning and someone from QHS is on their way out to pick her up. I have been told that she was ravenously eating puppy chow and even wanted to play with a ball.
I would assume she will go straight to the vet and I'm not sure what they will do from there. If anyone is interested in rescuing or fostering Lucy, please contact the shelter at (613)968-4673. Even small donations would help at this point. I have my fingers crossed that she can/will be saved.

Please crosspost to where is appropriate. Thanks!