View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWanda View Post
The results are in and I am happy to report the good news!

Timber's platelets are back up to 245 (last month they had dropped to 191). Her RBC is now normal at 6.56 and WBC is 6.6. Packed cell volume is 42% (not even sure what that is but I am told this is good).

She is off the antibiotic so we'll see if that changes anything but I feel very positive about her progress and hope we are now 100% in recovery mode.
I'm a little late to the party, but great news!!!

I sure hope that she will be able to stay off the abx, but since she was so sick, she might be one of those dogs that needs a low dose. I hope that's not the case.

Frontline hasn't been very effective here, have switched to Advantix, since it also repels mosquitos, but it is more toxic, so I'm playing with sprays of essential oils. toying around with using a preventic collar, since fleas really aren't an issue here. Gosh, I wish there were a better way to fight against these blasted ticks!!

The joint stuff is tough. I've been using Cosequin and synthetic hyaluronic acid because my boy is an allergy boy. With my girl, I really liked using a bit of Cosequin combined with some glycoflex.

So glad to come back and hear that Wanda is doing well!