View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:10 PM

hi,
you havent said what type f dog it is, i may have missed it though. im overly tired, today, lol
it sounds to me, like your dog is displaying fear agggression signs. You can help overcome this by doing more serious socialization with it. take it to obedience classes with other dogs its age, go to the dog park everyday. Do you work at home? or do you leave the dog for a few hrs per day, if so how many? dogs that become bored and lonely or left alot do show signs of fear aggression. the best way to handle it is not to coddle it or play into its reactions. when you are at a dog park and it starts to get upset or it starts feeling like it is being ganged up on, try to get its attention with something else, say a toy, etc. i wouldnt allow it near strange children though until you work on it for a while. take the pup for frequent walks past school yards where you know there will be alot of kids during the day to see how it reacts. let us know how things go. another thing to do besides the classes is to practice the NILIF technique. it works wonders.