View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
I thought Metacam was not the best thing for cats. Will have to go back and do some research.

Snowball had a pulled muscle in his back leg that took a few days to heal. It was bad enough that he took to hiding in the closet for a day.
Yeah I remember on her spay thread that I put up a couple people had said metacam wasn't the greatest either.

My first assumption is it's a pulled muscle, she jumps up and down on things all the time and maybe her body is just a bit on the weaker side because of just having the spay last week? I'm kinda going on my experience with horses, stall rest (or bedroom rest in this case haha) if they are hard to walk, if problem persists or doesn't get better after a couple days it's time for the vet. If problem starts to lessen within a couple of days chances are its a pulled muscle or joint issue and is clearing up on its own. Only easier part about horses is I can cold hose a leg that is injured, cant' so much do that with a cat, I don't even know if she'd let me put something cold on it but like I said there isn't much swelling.
She's not completely avoiding all weight on it, limping alot when she walks, it's 50:50 when she's sitting sometimes she'll hold it up sometimes she won't. Was sleeping last night and stretching out like usual so I have no idea...I guess I'll give it a couple days, if she's still as bad tomorrow when I get home after being locked up then I guess we are headed to the vet..