View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2010, 11:49 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefties Rule View Post
I'm now on a quest to find the brands of food that you suggest, which is also a challenge since I live in a small city in the boonies, and my best chance of obtaining good quality food is online. But I'm very determined. Thankyou again for the support - it means so much to me.
Rosebud's mom Oct. 29/10
Have you checked out Top Crop Garden, Farm and Pet Supply on Cranbrook St? It had the best selection of pet food when we lived there but I am sure there are many other independent pet stores there by now which is where you will find the top quality foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefties Rule View Post
Helen(?) form Tanya's website seems not entirely keen on Wellness, saying that it's acidifed, which is not that great for CRF cats. But it has otherwise excellent values, and...... it's in a pate form, which is the only form my kitty will eat!!!
Merricks won't work for me because of the "stew" formula (she will just lick up the water/gravy, and leave the solids), and same with Spot's Stew.
But maybe I could throw the contents of a can into a small blender, like a Magic Bullet thing, and try to pure' it.
What about Wysong geriatric?
And also, thanks to the wonderful advice from all who have replied to my posts, I'm now in the process of weaning her off dry kibble. Tricky, because she has been on mostly kibble all her life.
Cheers!
Rosebud's mom
From reading lots of kitty threads here it seems like Wellness is the #1 favourite for crf kitties but I will let the cat gurus here answer that as well as your Wysong question. Glad to hear that you are weaning her off the kibble though.