View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2004, 08:10 AM

Wanted: German Shepherd Mix

We live in the Kent County area in southwestern Ontario and are looking for a german shepherd puppy or a cross up to six months old or a rottweiler puppy cross up to six months old. We have four children and a fenced in yard and loads of love to give. I have searched our area and rescues and can't find any available. We do not want to pay a small fortune. I have read all the information on not giving a dog away and I agree with it but I still think the rescues charging $200 plus makes it harder for people who want to adopt. After paying the adoption charge then getting it spayed or neutered the costs can be as high as $400, you can get some purebreds for that much. We want a family dog, one to go with us places and will enjoy all the attention my family has to give. I am sure we will all be debating over who the dog gets to sleep with (myself inlcuded). My family has had large dogs before and I am aware of the pitfalls of large dogs and small children but in my opinion large breeds are better with children, so please help us find a puppy to love.
cdb