View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2006, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyB
She should only be in the crate when you are not able to supervise her. If it is sleep time, crate, going out, crate, making dinner, crate.
When you are able to watch her every move let her out but make sure that she remains in the same room as you. She should not be able to leave your sight.
When you take her out to the washroom she should go within the first few minutes you are out there. If she doesn't then bring her in (without punishment) and place her into her crate. Wait 20 minutes and try again. If she does go then she should be allowed to stay out and play for awhile. If she doesn't back to the crate for another 20 minutes and then try again.

If she is having accidents inside the crate she is either staying in too long or the crate is too large. She should have enough room to stand up, turn around, and lay down. If she has any extra room then it is too big and needs to be blocked off.

She can be fed inside the crate but the food should not be left in there.

She should have to go as soon as she wakes from any sleep or nap, between 5 and 20 minutes after eating and during/ after play. During play tends to be the one that causes the most trouble.

She should also be leashed every time you take her to the washroom and her meals should be scheduled not left out all the time. Make sure you clean the accidents with enzyme cleaner.

Thank you so much Stacey for the positive advice and remarks. Like i said, if i didnt care i wouldnt be on here asking for help. Lucky is making me out to be a monster, and i know ive made mistakes with past dogs, but i wanna make this time work, and im going to make it work. I just need help. Im just having alot of problems with not being able to get her to go outside. Dh said that he noticed that her towel in her box has been wet. SO apparently shes not going outside, she is peeing in her box. And her box is jsut the right size for her, its not big at all. Its just enough room for her to turn around and lay down in. Although I'll admitt she is in her box from like 9-10 till like 5 in the morning. Is that too long for her. She doesnt whine or nothing wanting out. She has the past two nights at about 5 in the morning wanting out, and i get up to let her out and i cannot get her to go. Maybe she is peeing in her box right before i get to her in time, thats prolly why i cannot get her to go maybe??? I'll admitt, i think ive been leaving her in her box too much. But thats what i was told to do. Now i know that is a NO NO... Thank you so much for the help and advice. Although im prolly gonna be asking alot more questions if you dont mind me asking.