View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Doggie Wench

Thanks for sharing that article want4rain .

I forwarded it to one of my girlfriends and she called me back right away saying it was a hoot. On the topic of "dogs are considered training for having children", she laughed and said she didn't need a dog to learn this...she had younger siblings, nieces, nephews, cousins, and neighbor's children to practice with. And when she did finally have children, all her extended family jumped in to support the raising of them. Their family dog was so that no leftovers were ever wasted .

"They also believe that their dogs share similar tastes in food - “Little Ben Kweller likes the Organic food the best.” Forgetting the fact that dogs enjoy eating their own feces, and pretty much anything that falls onto the floor."

"When searching for homes, many white people will require large yards so that their “dog can run around.” If you work in real estate, this can be exploited for large markups when selling to white people."

I'm sure this is something our real-estate agent learned, if he didn't know already, while helping us house-hunt .