Thread: Outrageous...
View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Senior Contributor

These bans have been around for many many years. And I don't believe I've ever heard of any study done to show that is has been effective in any way. On the contrary, people still get bitten by dogs, dogs of ALL breeds. Why? Because of the owners. Why isn't there more emphasis on the owners being held accountable when their dog, whatever breed it is?

Many innocent dogs being killed on a daily basis, for no reason. And if that's not bad enough, most of those dogs are being killed just because they are believed to be the "offending" breed.

In Miami, Florida where I live this ban has been in effect for over 20 years. Many dogs have been killed for no reason. They were not a threat to anyone. There had been no incidents of biting or aggressive behavior. They were simply reported and taken from the owners and killed.

It's like killing a baby because you think when he/she grows up they may some day kill someone. It's ridiculous. Still this is what we do to animals.

Thankfully, there are many groups out there trying very hard to get these bans lifted. Hopefully one day this will all be a bad memory.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/