View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2007, 08:57 PM

Quick update. I dropped off a urine sample this morning and brought my dog to the vet this evening. The urine specific gravity was 1.011 (he said it's within the "fixed" range) but there was no sign of anything else in the urine. Bloodwork is pending but they're leaning towards early kidney disease because of the low specific gravity. She's not exhibiting any other symptoms and her water intake was well within normal limits over the last 4 days that I was measuring it (a little over 2 cups/day for a 24lb dog). The vet has all but ruled out DI since she would probably be drinking about twice that amount of water if she had it. It doesn't sound like there's much we can do if it is CKD (special diet, low in sodium and phosphorus, etc.), but he doesn't seem overly concerned since she's otherwise fine. I guess we need to wait for the bloodwork to see if there's anything else going on (or to definitively say it's CKD) but that's the story for now. I'll report back once I get the lab results. Thanks for the help.