View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2006, 01:43 AM
Senior Contributor

He does have a tall cage, 16" diameter, with several wooden perches at different levels. There are a couple small branches but he seems to prefer the round wooden dowel-like perches. He has a small mirror attached to the side of the cage and another small, 2-sided mirror hanging from a small chain. There's a small swing, but I haven't seen him sit on it. He does like to play with the little bell that is attached to the bottom of it. He can just stretch far enough to reach it. His water container is large enough for bathing and he seems to enjoy that. His cage is sitting on one side of a bay window and he can look out into the backyard. I cover the top part of the cage at night and he seems to sleep on the top perch. Like I mentioned before, he loves 50's/60's music. He'll chirp right along with it and really starts scolding whenever the announcer starts talking. He can be quite messy. I attached a sheet of heavy clear plastic around the bottom 10" high. It seems to keep most of the seed from falling outside the cage. I wouldn't have thought of the Romaine leaves. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!