View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2009, 06:48 AM

Thank you for your help. I'm glad that it sounds normal so far.

It's hard for me as we came from a household that had another cat in it. They used to chase each other almost every night. I admit I can't remember how long it took for them to reach this point, but i'm quite sure it was around a month.

Last week when my cat and kitten played, it was like getting a monkey off my back. Now the monkey is back and is bigger than ever! I've started to pay more and more attention to my cat and I think she's making progress. I don't know what's going on with her. It's almost like she is getting worse with the kitten when I had hoped they'd make progress. I'm hoping that they will begin to get along when the kitten gets older.

As for the one-on-one time, do you think that going outside with my cat counts? It's not really play time as she likes to just go out (on the leash), sniff around and watch the birds and squirrels. She'll also try to sneak up on them as well. Again, it's not really play time, but it is alone time where it is just her and I. I've tried going into a seperate room, but the kitten starts whining outside the door making it even mroe strssful on my cat.

Oh, cats

Thanks again!