View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:19 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeve View Post
I have taken Micaud to the vet and the doc said he is a healthy cat. Of course I love him very much and I pet him and treat him as I treat my dog. But my concern is for my daughter.

We've had Micaud for 3 years now and in the beginning he used to get along with the dog. Not best buddies but they stayed away from each other. Now the fights are everyday and they get really bad.

Spin can't pass if Micaud is in the way and vice versa. I really think he;s jealous of the dog. But you all know dogs they're mushy beings that love to get scratched and petted.

I really don't know what to think anymore.
Then my suggestion remains the same. Separate them. He is getting neutered you say tomorrow? Perfect time to do it. Keep them separate in different rooms, even if the only room available is a bathroom. Read the site I gave you earlier. Try doing that. If he got along with the dog in the beginning then I would think something happened to set him off. It should have been corrected at that point. I know the dog is not 100% blameless. Maybe he attacked the cat sometime when you weren't home and that is what started it all. Maybe the cat saw another cat and, because he wasn't able to get to the cat, he went after the dog. Hindsight is 20/20 they say. You can't do anything to change it. However, you can start now to correct it. IF things don't change then please try to rehome him in a home where he will be an only pet.
Feel free to ask questions along the way. We are here to help. The important thing now is to separate them. Do not let them see each other. But please make sure you are still spending quality time with Micaud. He deserves to know you still love him.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!