View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Agility Addict

Dodger got his CGN on Monday night. One of the dogs in our class failed because he couldn't sit for exam ...

You obviously know what to do - it is just a matter of finding people willing to pet a "spooky" Rottie. Until you do, I would examine him yourself throughout the day...If he can do that easily, try acting as silly as possible, stumble around, have food in your hand, squeak a toy so that it makes it as hard as possibly for him to hold at stay!

It sounds like he may also have a problem with the supervised isolation - your dog doesn't have to hold a stay but if he isn't calm, you could fail (depending on the evaluator)...

Could you take him to the pet store and ask dog friendly people to help you out? Would your trainer let you visit at the beginning of some classes so Harley could be petted by strangers or practice his stays???

Good luck. I'm sure you guys can do it!

There's a competition (I think Rally) in Quebec city this weekend - are you going?!