View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Senior Contributor

I can understand that you wish not to engage in any negative comments, but what you are saying and asking for is something that rescue volunteers and shelter staff hear everyday and it is very difficult to digest as we consider all animals as worthy and encourage people to accept them, work with them and fullful the obligation upon taking in their pets. In saying this however it appears that people have low tolerance for minor issues.

I rescue dogs and cats. I cannot tell you how broken hearted and emotionally ruined I am when I go to see 21 cats being euthanized for various reasons and I must select only 6 out of the 21. I select, and I say how very very sorry I am to the others as they reach their little arms out to me for a caresse. And I caresse them before they are killed. I don't know why I and others are faced with having to deal with people's decisions. I will and I do remember all their faces, their eyes and the love that they request. I will live with this and die with it. And I am not ok with it.

I suggest you find a rescue group to assist in taking these cats in since this issue is too overwhelming for you. If you bring to a shelter they may not make it and will be destroyed while someone they don't know takes them to 'that' room.

I wish you luck. Heck I wish your cats peace, love and a second chance to find forever homes. I feel badly for you, but I feel worse for the cats.

Best to you.