View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

14+, VERY well said. Backwoodsgal, I hope you stick around and educate yourself. Sadly, many, MANY animals are put down every day across North America. There are those such as 14+ who dedicate their lives cleaning up the mess left behind due to your way of thinking, and trying to find these animals what they deserve, a loving home. When people think the way you do, the ones who truly care are fighting an uphill battle. You say it's your culture. I'd be very curious to know where you live. I lived in rural Georgia, which is about as south as you get, but I did not see that culture at all. I know an amazing girl in Texas who lives to take care of the animals who are "thrown" away. Read the link to the story below. If it doesn't bring tears to your eyes, I doubt anything ever would. She is in the deep south as well. I think it has more to do with the way your raised (family-wise), rather than where you live. You CAN change the way you think.

Go to "Letter From Tad" and watch the video:

http://www.the-abandoned-dog.blogspot.com/

It's people like this, and the person who posted above me, that are making a difference. I hope you see that, and change your way of thinking. SCM gave you some great advice and links. Please don't her efforts be for nothing.

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012