View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longblades View Post
Ditto to all the above and I'd like to add that you should be cautious with the flea treatment. Basically it's poison for fleas and too much can hurt your dog. Some dogs are hurt by what is a normal amount for other dogs. Have you checked for fleas with a flea comb? Do you see bites or frass (flea poop) on her tummy or other thinly haired spots? Especially if you have recently given flea treatment do not attempt to give it again too soon. I'd Vet too, if it was my dog.

Longblades, Nanook is one of those dogs. He can't have any of those treatments. They cause diarrhea and, sometimes seizures, in him. Anything used on him now is through our Holistic vet which includes Chinese herbs, homeopathics etc. I was truly amazed at how effective that stuff is on certain animals. We are lucky that Nookie is one that responds very well to natural treatments.

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012