View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2007, 02:13 PM

Smile New on the block

Hi my name is Becki and I live in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I have 3 dogs - 2 poodles and 1 chichuaha/Pomerian mix. I also have a 2 year old Jack Russell grand dog. My older poodle Bailey is about midsize and 16 years old. He's lost his sight and a little hearing but is still quite active. The other poodle Sugar is a toy that we adopted from Petco about 2 years ago. She was a breeder they said and the owner was done with her. She's around 8 years old. And then there's the baby Maxx he is 5lbs. and about 6 months old and won't get any bigger according to the vet. I know this is an introduction to who I am etc. but I also have a question about my older dog Bailey. My daughter let him out this morning around 7:00 am with the other 2 and it's now been 6 hours and he has not come back home. He has never done this before and we have searched hi and low on our property, roads and neighbors but to no avail. Several people said he may have sensed it was his time to die and has found a spot to die in. He hasn't been doing anything unusual to my knowledge. We are so upset no knowing where he could be or if he is hurt or dead. Can anyone give me any ideas on where a dog may go to die if that's the case? We live in the country but our property is fenced in and we have searched every area. Any input would be grateful. Happy to be on this site.