View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2012, 09:37 AM

Thanks for all the feedback again... I'm definitely going to look into buying larger cans, but they're not always available for the brands I buy (and Newt can be really picky with her food!). Ideally, I'd like to get Newt to eat more dry food, maybe a 50/50 mix.

I might actually start supplementing my cat's diet with some raw food, but the amount of information concerning this subject is a bit daunting for the newcomer. Many sites offer various recipes, most of which involve grinding several types of meat/bones into something with the consistency of oatmeal, while some other sites I've visited advocate feeding only whole, unground pieces of meat because it's more "natural".

As far as playtime - I'd have to schedule some one-on-one time with Newt and keep the kittens in a separate room. Anything I bring out, the kittens will be the ones bounding towards it first, and mommy cat will lose interest.

Speaking of kittens, I'm hoping this is simply the paranoid side of me talking, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Newt might be pregnant again I'm really really hoping I'm wrong, but her belly's looking a tad plump. This would be from the one time she snuck out 5 days after the kittens were born (is that possible?), which would make her about 53 days along IF it were true.