View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:28 AM

Puppy limping for more than 3 months. Help!

Hi everyone,

I am brand new to this forum. I am hoping to find a solution to this problem I have. Any sort of input would be greatly appreciated!

My dog, who is now 10 months old, has been limping for the past 3-4 months. Of course, I went to the vet. We did x-rays, but the doc said there was nothing. She examined his leg when he was getting neutered, but again, she said she couldn't find anything. I gave him anti-inflammatory medication, but didn't really seem to work. She said that most likely, my dog has a sprain and is just taking time to heal. Also, he doesn't show any sign of pain.

Well, it's been a few months and I don't feel comfortable letting my dog limp all the time. Since he's still a pup, he is still running around like a headless chicken, which could also be hurting his leg all over again. Since he isn't using his one hind leg, he hops around, and that leg is very very weak. He has no muscle there.

Please help me!!! I'm hoping someone out there can have a solution. Thanks in advance for all your input!